Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:58:06 +1030
From:      Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Subject:   Re: Plugin status

Joe Kelsey wrote:

> Bill Huey writes:
>  > On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:06:26AM -0800, Joe Kelsey wrote:
>  > > We can solve the nspr4/mozilla problem by including a copy of the i386
>  > > nspr4 library in
>  > > j2sdk1.3.1/plugin/.oji-plugin/src/motif/lib/solaris/i386/libnspr4.so as
>  > > part of the port.  It's up to Greg.
>  > What is that library ? a pthreads abstraction layer ?
>
> nspr=NetScape mumble, mumble...essentially the netscape standard calling
> sequences...

Close. 8)

It's the NetScape Portable Runtime - it is effectively an OS abstraction
layer; it provides thrading, file and network IO, memory management,
etc. More detail here: <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/index.html>;

I don't see why it would need to be distributed with the JDK, however. I
can't see it being a build-depends and given it is a run-depends for
Mozilla, there's already a copy on the system that you're trying to use
it on.

Mike.

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>