Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:46:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@jennifer.pernet.net>
To:        John Beukema <john@gateway.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opinion

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, John Beukema wrote:

> You might consider a digiboard 16 card.  This can run in the main server
> until you need more power, then add extensions (up to 64 ports) and/or move
> to a separate machine.  I believe it is a lot less than a portmaster etc.

We just installed a pair of Cyclades Cyclom16y cards here.  Runs smooth
as silk.  Beautiful card with zero problems so far.

We originally tried digiboard, but they didn't even know what FreeBSD
was.  Cyclades not only knew what FreeBSD was, they even offered to help
configure the card, etc.  Also, the 16y's are on sale for $400(limit 2).
That means we got 32 ports for less than the price of one digiboard.

Just my .02
--
Neal Rigney sysadmin, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net