Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2024 09:24:54 +0100
From:      FreeBSD User <freebsd@walstatt-de.de>
To:        Rick Macklem <rick.macklem@gmail.com>
Cc:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFSv4 crash of CURRENT

Am Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:41:30 -0800
Rick Macklem <rick.macklem@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 12:39=E2=80=AFPM Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.w=
s> wrote:

> > Van: FreeBSD User <freebsd@walstatt-de.de>
> > Datum: 13 januari 2024 19:34
> > Aan: FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
> > Onderwerp: NFSv4 crash of CURRENT
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > running CURRENT client (FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT #4 main-n267556-69748e62e8=
2a: Sat Jan 13
> > 18:08:32 CET 2024 amd64). One NFSv4 server is same OS revision as the m=
entioned client,
> > other is FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p8. Both offer NFSv4 filesystems, non-ker=
berized.

> > I can crash the client reproducable by accessing the one or other NFSv4=
 FS (a simple ls
> > -la). The NFSv4 FS is backed by ZFS (if this matters). I do not have ph=
ysicla access to
> > the client host, luckily the box recovers. =20
> Did you rebuild both the nfscommon and nfscl modules from the same source=
s?

Yes, as requested, as soon as the commit occured. I recompiled the whole OS=
 from a "make -j4
cleanworld cleandir" .

But I have a custom kernel with several custom options statically compiled =
in.

> I did a commit to main that changes the interface between these two
> modules and did bump the
> __FreeBSD_version to 1500010, which should cause both to be rebuilt.
> (If you have "options NFSCL" in your kernel config, both should have
> been rebuilt as a part of
> the kernel build.)

Monday I will try to compile in several debug options whe I get hands on th=
e machine again and
I can test Tuesday on several other boxes running CURRENT (after update) ho=
w they interact
with themselfes (CURRENT) and other (FBSD14, FBSD13) via NFSv4.

>=20
> rick
> >
> > I have no idea what causes this problem ...
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > O. Hartmann
> >

> > --
> > O. Hartmann

> > Do you have something like a panic message, stack trace or core dump?
> >
> > Regards
> > Ronald =20
>=20

--=20