Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2014 20:18:36 +0300
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@systemdatarecorder.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: There is currently no usable release of FreeBSD.

> You can't put an x.0 release into production (a bigotry that is *well
> deserved* in light of 5.0 and 9.0) ... and 9.2 and 8.4 are legacy ... and
> we all know that 9.3 is as far as the 9 branch is going to go, so that's a
> dead end for any serious deployment.

? For example, Solaris 10 was the first *production* release Sun sent out
some years back. Followed by Update 1, 2, and so on later.
If you dont really need FreeBSD 10.0 you always can use 9.2.

> Which version of FreeBSD would you use ?

For example on our side, we need ZFS, DTrace, pkgng and some other features
of FreeBSD 10. And thats what we plan to use it for our production installations.

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu@systemdatarecorder.org>