Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 14:47:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
Cc:        jim@blues.ghis.net, Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>, eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy web pages

> A postgres database for the user groups??? We have currently

No, and please don't be so obtuse.  If they use postgres or mysql or
whatever, it will be for far more than keeping track of user group
data.  There are discussion threads, FAQ-o-matic applications, user
resigstration pages, you name it, all on the TODO list for this site.

That's basically the problem with www.freebsd.org in a nutshell;
nobody is thinking very much beyond a set of very trivial services
like keeping user group data, even that being something we're not
doing a very efficient job of at the moemnt.

- Jordan