Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:10:07 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Rolandas Naujikas <rolnauj@pub.osf.lt>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB16 doens't work in 4.0-STABLE

Rolandas Naujikas wrote:

> My Creative SoundBlaster 16 doesn't work in 4.0-STABLE.
> My kernel config have:
> device pcm
> device sbc at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
         ^^^
On my SB-16 system

My kernel has

# pcm Sound Device Driver
device          pcm

# For non-PnP cards:
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
                ^^^^
Make the kernel, reboot, and re-do the MAKEDEV snd0. I had sound at
that point.

Kent

> All compiles fine. Mixer work, I can play CD-Audio. But dsp doesn't work.
> Symptoms like in beginning of play very few sound and after silence.
> Audio program hungs for some time and exits without errors.
> Possibly IRQ setup problem (in pcm driver) ?
>
> I'am sorry for my English.

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com