Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:13:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@Wicked.eaznet.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   traceroute

I seem to be having a strange problem.  Any explanation would be appreciated.

I have two FreeBSD boxes on a network connected to a T-1 through a Cisco 2501.  One box is running 2.1.5 and is the primary DNS server.  The other box runs 2.2.1 and is the secondary.  I also have a PM3 attached to the network.

When I ping anything from any of the boxes everything works ok.  However, when I traceroute from either of the FreeBSD boxes, I get the address of the router and then traceroute hangs.  When I traceroute from the PM3, it works correctly.  All other services seem to work correctly (lynx, DNS, sendmail, POP3, ...).

Any ideas????

TIA,

Eddie