Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:45:24 +0200
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        <fcash@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anti-Unix Site Runs Unix

Freddie writes:

> They were trying to write "desktops" that
> came with little applet-type things for
> business needs ...

Like Lotus Notes?  How did Lotus manage it, if Microsoft worked against
these things?

> It wasn't so much that you'd use the browser
> for everything, but that the browser would
> provide the engine for everything you did.

What would be the point?  It would just slow everything down, and it would
create a single point of failure in one very unreliable piece of software.
All that stuff belongs in the OS.

> Similar, I guess, to ActiveDesktop and IE
> integration in Windows 98+ ...

Those were mistakes, too, IMO.