Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 07:13:29 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dangerously looking glitch (4.0-STABLE)

In message <38EA2CD6.24636F65@altavista.net>, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
} This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
} --------------3D64CAE46133EFA188180FFD
}
} Hi,
}
} I've tried to track down why my own script which is cleaning non-matching
} distfiles from time to time produce incorrect results (just cvsup'ed 4.0).
} After some digging I've found that this bug could be easily reproduced by doi
} ng
} "find -exec md5" on large set of files several times consequiently, and then
} comparing results. You can see that md5 checksum of the one of the files is

How many in a "large set"?  I tried 10 passes on my 4.0-stable machine
and was not able to replicate your results, though I only have about 500
files in my distfiles.  I tried the same in /usr/src, and in another
area with both large and small files (393,000 total), all of which came
up clean.  I think you have a hardware problem somewhere :(

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com