Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 07:25:50 PST
From:      "John McNamee" <jpm@microwiz.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "File exists" error when adding route for local machine

I get the error message "Writing to routing socket: File exists" every time
my system boots.  This has been happening ever since I installed 2.1R, so it
isn't anything I've broken by hacking since then.  The error is in response to
the command "route add smoke.microwiz.com localhost" generated in
/etc/netstart.  smoke.microwiz.com is the official name of my machine (it is
what hostname is set to in /etc/sysconfig, and is what a reverse DNS lookup
on my IP address would produce).

Everything appears to work fine despite this error, but I'd like to know what
the problem is and try to correct it.

--
John McNamee <jpm@microwiz.com>
MicroWizards Software Development Services