Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernardo Lam <blam@atgnet.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting from Flash

I have several I-openers and have installed/ran FreeBSD 4.3, Linux,
Windows, all running off the same hard drive (and some Linux distros on
the Flash drive).

I currently have one of them running FreeBSD 4.3-snap-something as my
dialup gateway to the Internet connected to a wireless access point via
USB, the built in modem and the Ethernet/USB work fine. I did it just for
the fun of it (and because I already had the Iopeners), using the SMC
wireless Barricade with a modem may be a lot easier for a newbie for maybe
about the same price.

Having installed the jailbait and midori on the Sandisk, my next project
is to install picobsd on the Sandisk, I like FreeBSD a lot better than the
others. Any hints?, I'll follow the instructions for solid state devices
on www.freebsd.org, lets see what happens...

For those with the video problem on startup, there is a "patched" BIOS
that solves this problem. I don't have the URL at this moment, but is easy
to find at the linux-hacker site.

Bernardo