Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 02:06:18 -0500
From:      Susie Ward <sward@voltage.net>
To:        Joe Read <joer@triax.com>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Generating CSR for apache+ssleay

At 10:03 PM 7/6/98 -0700, Joe Read wrote:
>Subject says it all.. after a little hacking of the 1.3-release of apache
>and 0.9 (i think, been a long night) release of SSLeay, it's all compiled
>and ready to go.  I generated a key doing a "make certificate", but all
>that produced was an actual private key and certificate.  I need to
>produce a new certificate request for a Verisign renewal.

I dunno about Verisign, but Thawte has some nice detailed instructions (and
their certs are only $125).  I can't remember for sure which one had the
correct instructions offhand, but I think it was the first URL that worked
for me:

http://www.thawte.com/certs/server/key_ssleay.html

http://www.thawte.com/certs/server/key_apachessl.html

HTH