Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 05:48:41 -0400
From:      Robert Blayzor <rblayzor.bulk@inoc.net>
To:        Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Subject:   Re: web hosting best practices

On Apr 13, 2009, at 11:08 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
> actually, dont use Cpanel, you can from ports install SysCP  or DTC
> from
> ports/sysutils, or a semi-automated install of ispCP which is quite
> nice,
> all open source also. which give you mail/dns/web/ftp management.

Apples and Oranges.  The $15-$18 a month you have to pay per CPanel
instance is peanuts compared to the amount of headache you have with
all the other "beta glue".  The price is low enough to where if a
customer really wanted something specialized we could throw their own
CPanel instance in a VM, and away they go...

The SOAP API they have also makes it pretty easy to tie into a billing
and/or provisioning & management system.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC