Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:23:58 -0500
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Rob Taylor <rtaylor@mpcs.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth Manager/Limiter

At 10:58 AM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've seen alot of talk about Bandwidth Managment and found a commercial
>package (of which I couldn't even get the demo to compile into the
>kernel).  But have found no economical solutions for this.   Are there
>any bandwidth management utilities, tools, patches to the kernel out
>there that are affordably priced (under $200)?    Our application has a
>low ROI so sinking $500 into such a project just doesn't seem feasable.
>However we could definatly use an application which allowed us to limit
>bandwidth to a specific IP address.   If anyone is working on such an
>application or patch please let me know.

I assume that you are talking about our product...since its $495. Note that
it is FREE  with the purchase of an ET/5025-16 sync board @$795., which
is economical if you care to eliminate your serial router.

Our ET/BWMGR is just released (we just put the new demo up a day or
2 ago), but it sounds like its a bit more powerful than what you need or
want. Version 2.0 of the bandwidth manager is a complete allocation and
limiting manager that can precisely allocate bandwidth for specific services
(http, ftp-data, etc), limit by host or network address, keep statistics
and also
act as a high performance filter/firewall. ET/BWMGR is designed to streamline
bottlenecks and create service opportunities (by allowing ISPs to offer
limited
services with scaled pricing) with standard equipment.

If you haven't read about it, full info and online manuals are available at

http://www.etinc.com/bwmgr.htm

Dennis