Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 16:16:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        ipthomas_77@yahoo.com (User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas)
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM Laptop 4MB RAM 486 CPU

As I recall, User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:
> I have an old IBM thinkpad with about 4MB of RAM(actually it says
> 3096KB on bootup) with a 486 CPU that I would like to use with
> PicoBSD.  It has two serial ports and a monitor port with a floppy
> drive and a HardDrive with about 120 MB.  Unfortunately there is no
> PCMCIA slots for a NIC.

Does it have a parallel port?  You can run PLIP with a laplink cable
to another, larger system to do the setup.

A long time ago I got FreeBSD 2.0.5 onto a Compaq 386/20 notebook
that had an 80meg drive and 4meg of RAM using PLIP to a desktop
machine that had the installation CDs in it.

It can be done...

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com