Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:24:17 +0100
From:      Daniel Rock <D.Rock@t-online.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: as segfaulting during world-build

Warner Losh schrieb:

> In message <3A958178.380C85B6@t-online.de> Daniel Rock writes:
> : I did have the same problem. But just rebuilding binutils didn't help either.
> : Trying to rebuild libc resulted in above SEGV from as. Some sort of Catch 22
>
> Find a libc from before Feb 10th or after Feb 21 and put it on your
> system.
Yes I know,

I already posted another solution: Just use another /usr/lib/libc.so.4 for
rebuilding libc.so.5

Sometimes you just have at this time no working internet connection - and
you simply cannot find your backup tapes you never made. So I came around
the trick with an older libc.so.4, which seems to be "compatible enough"
to let me rebuild libc.

--
Daniel