Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:35:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Julian Stacey <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
Cc:        Paul Rice <admin@surfamerica.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppoe server questions

Has anyone tried using the PPPoE server on a large userbase?  Would it be
possible to bring in a DS3/OC3 via your Cisco router and bridge everything
over to a FBSD box running a PPPoE server?  Just curious if this is any
kind of alternative to the Redback solution, esp. the bit about bridging
things out of the router and over to the FBSD box (I would think putting
the atm interfaces and the eth port the FBSD box in the same bridge group
would work...)

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman