Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:09:51 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>
To:        Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dangerously looking glitch (4.0-STABLE)

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 07:13:29AM -0500, Jon Hamilton wrote:

> up clean.  I think you have a hardware problem somewhere :(

That is very likely a hardwre problem. I have a nfs server under 3.4-S
here running, It was easy to crash the system with much I/O over nfs
on a 100M Ethernet connection. (I did a dump and the machine paniced)

The same over a slower 10M ethernet, but it took longer to crash.

Now I replaced a very old adaptec 1542cf with a 2940U. I did the same
stress test, but got no more panics. Even a load of 80% interrupts
didn't kill the machine.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

--
~/.signature not found: wellknown error 42