Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:37:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, gclarkii@main.gbdata.com, phk@critter.tfs.com, brians@mandor.dev.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

> Before I used to be part of FreeBSD, I used to pay for Unix.  I think
> Terry hasn't priced Unix lately, because I know _I_ bought the fully
> decked out versions, am they were one hell of a lot more.  The last time I
> bought them was 4 years ago, I kinda doubt Terry price assertions, on the
> full model.

Several years ago, BSDI was cheap and SCO was expensive.  SCO pricing
had dropped.  So has Solaris pricing.

As for developement systems, there's always GNU.  You aren't going to
get better than GNU for FreeBSD anyway, so why insist on it elsewhere?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.