Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:59:43 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        jus@security.za.net (Justin Stanford)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabyte 1U GS-SR101 Server and Onboard Intel NIC trouble.. anyone?

On 15 Sep 2001 10:47:38 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you =
wrote:

>Has anyone else experienced this trouble? I hesitate to think that it is=
>faulty NIC, but that's all I can think of right now.. is there a known
>problem with FreeBSD and this hardware? GNATS and a search of the =
mailling
>lists doesn't seem to reveal anything.

Is this board based on the Intel 815e chipset by chance ? The Intel NICs =
on
those boards need 4.4Release (or 4.3 STABLE from late August) to work
properly.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)