Date:      05 Jul 2002 13:45:56 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLE now has OpenSSH 3.4p1]

[moving from -stable to -security, bcc: to -stable and security-team]

Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> writes:
> As a lot has changed with OpenSSH in FreeBSD, perhaps now is a good
> time to make the 2,1 the default instead ?

I'd like that.  I think the only reason for the old default was not to
surprise users who had the ssh1 RSA host key in their known_hosts but
not the ssh2 DSA host key.

What do people think about this?  Keep 2,1 or revert to 1,2?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org