Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:52:50 +0200
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OPTIONS handling doesn't seem to work fully in dependencies anymore

John Baldwin wrote:
> Ahh, I think I see now.  It requires one OPTIONS using port to mask the
> dependencies.

Exactly.

>> I thought the same thing, probably yes, but I dunno why it was added in
>> such way from the beginning, so I tried to create the simplest and
>> surely working patch maintaining the current workflow.
>
> Ok.

Probably it was added in such way because at the beginning there wasn't
the config-conditional target and runing the config target for every
port (re)build was not a bright idea. If I have time I'll try to make a
patch following this rationale, but in the meanwhile my previous patch
seems good enough.

--
Alex Dupre