Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:35:15 -0800
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD early days...

At 09:57 AM 2/22/99 +0100, you wrote:
>At 22.38 21/02/99 -0800, you wrote:
>
>In the book The complete FreeBSD, by Greg Lehey you can find history, Linux
>comparison and other BSD short descriptions.

Yes, I have the book right here and I used it as a refrence (I'll be using
it alot too...Greg I hope you won't mind. :) )  Also, I have read the
introduction to the BSD 4.4 book (the red book) which has a pretty good
history section.

Although, I think I should first explain what BSD is, then move on to
explaining what Free/Open/Net BSD is.  Basically, my website has a sort of
"splash" screen which has my BSDULA logo and I wanted a one-liner
description/definition of BSD.  I feel that is will help people that came
to the site by accident understand what the site is about before moving
into the more informative documents.

Also, you brought up another important issue....the comparisons between
Linux and *BSD.  I probably should mention something about GPL vs. BSD
License, but I don't know enough about it to say anything accurate.  Anyone
wanna help me on that?  A nice short write up on the pro's and cons' of
each license?

Thanks for the ideas and pointers.

Joey