Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:59:40 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Ceritfication for individuals

Wes Peters wrote:

> ark@eltex.ru wrote:

> > nuqneH,
> >
> > Tekmetrics has announced it. I'd better not trust ICSA.
> > IMHO security certification is all bullshit (in RL) but it is going to be
> > free with Tekmetrics at least.
> > I'd better say to fsck off to potential employer if he asks me if i have
> > ICSA certification ;)
>
> I just poked around the Tekmetrics web site, and it looks pretty good.
> If anyone is interested in creating FreeBSD certifications, as a
> programmer, system administrator, or security administrator, working
> with Tekmetrics to make FreeBSD-specific versions of their generic
> UNIX exams would be a good starting point.
>
>         http://www.tekmetrics.com/    (duh!)

This topic came up in the -security mailing list, but is related to
an occasional discussion here in -advocacy.  Tekmetrics has a "reseller"
program, where you can sell their certification tests on your own web
site.  This would certainly be appropriate for the FreeBSD Mall and
any other vendor of FreeBSD-related good or services.

If possible, I'd like for several of the -advocates to surf over there,
look at the trial tests, and perhaps take the UNIX programmer or UNIX
system administrator test as their free test, to get a feeling if this
is something we'd like to pursue.

Of course, if I don't manage to score in the Master UNIX programmer
range, their test is OBVIOUSLY flawed.  ;^)