Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2016 22:28:03 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Sergei G <sergeig.public@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Recommended laptop for FreeBSD 10.2 Xfce workstation?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:21:08 -0700, Sergei G wrote:
> Older Dell laptop has been ok for me D630 (I don't remember if wireless
> worked or not).

I have successfully instantiated a Dell Latitude D630 with
FreeBSD 10. Its wireless adapter is supported. All other
components (such as regular network, audio and docking station)
also work as expected. However, that is a quite "outdated"
machine, but this definitely does _not_ imply that it's
useless. I made it run Gnome which (in retrospect) was a
stupid decision. ;-)

Other older devices, such as IBM Thinkpad (now Lenovo) models
T60p, R61i and R500 also work good with FreeBSD.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany