Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2018 01:04:24 +0900 (JST)
From:      Masachika ISHIZUKA <ish@amail.plala.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 12.0-BETA2 Now Available

> Assuming that it is supported, will it be possible to upgrade from
> BETA2 to RCs and then the final RELEASE?

  I think so.

  Indeed, older releases were not upgradable from betas, but
recent releases were upgradable from beta releases.

  Although it said that we could not upgrade to 12.0-BETA1 in
the previous release note, we can upgrade to 12.0-BETA1 by
freebsd-update.
  And at this moment, we cannot upgrade to 12.0-BETA2 by
freebsd-update.
--
Masachika ISHIZUKA