Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 17:31:37 +0200
From:      "Sig 552" <sig552@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Steps to build a firewall

Hi,

Is there any online documentation about using FreeBSD as a firewall.

I don't mean IPFW doc's or something. I'am a Newbie to FreeBSD and I wan't
to use FreeBSD as a firewall. But I can't find any doc's that specially
address the firewall setup. From the beginning to the end.

Something like this.....

Chapter 1 - Recomended hardware
Chapter 2 - Obtaining the software
Chapter 3 - Installing the software (partitioning ..and stuff)
Chapter 4 - Compile the kernel
Chapter 5 - Secure the OS
Chapter 6 - Add firewall roules
Chapter 7 - Check your Firewall
Chapter 8 - Check the security
Chapter 9 - Maintenense?

Or something...not a generic install instruction of FreeBSD, but a specific
firewall install doc.

// Regards Sigge