Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:41:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Oliver Banta <obanta@unixgeeks.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quickcam VC

Hello,

   I just recently purchased a Quickcam VC and am having some problems
getting it to work.  I'm pretty sure it's being detected correctly
at boot up, but here is the output from dmesg for those curious:

> qcam0 at 0x378 on isa
> qcam0: bidirectional parallel port

   When I run qcamcontrol, nothing is dumped to stdout like the man
page suggests.  Again, here is what I get:

> => qcamcontrol
> version=3, (160,120) at (7,1) @6bpp zoom=0, exp=200, b/w/c=180/150/180

And at this point it just stays there until I C-c it.

So is the VC supported under FreeBSD, or am I just missing something
obvious?

Cheers,
--
Oliver Banta <obanta@unixgeeks.net> | Computer Engineering Major at UNL