Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 06:54:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        leifn@roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
Subject:   Re: TLI, UUCP

> I need to do uucp by tli, but haven't been able to make it work.
>
> Whatever I try in /etc/uucp/sys, it still tries to do uucp over tcp, port 540.
>
> Examples, please.
>
> Leif Neland
> leif@roskildebc.dk
>

> ---
> |Fidonet:  Leif Neland 2:234/49
> |Internet: leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk

TLI doesn't exist in FreeBSD.  FreeBSD will talk fine to TLI uucp's
without any problem.  What exactly are you trying to do?

Most tli uucp's can be made to talk fine to uucpd at port 540.

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.