Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:10:27 GMT
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/103194: Mailings lists "aic7xxx" and "kde" don't exist

The following reply was made to PR docs/103194; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To: linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
Cc: olli@secnetix.de (Oliver Fromme), FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:09:12 +0200 (CEST)

 Mark Linimon wrote:
  > I'd suggest leaving aic7xxx; whenever you get email that's crossposted
  > to it you have a 100% guarantee of a spam.  (The spammers just walk the
  > list in alpha order).

 That would be fine with me.  But in that case, a note
 should be added to that list in the handbook, indicating
 that the address is only a spamtrap, but the list doesn't
 really exist.

 Best regards
    Oliver

 "C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good."
         -- Bertrand Meyer