Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 2020 18:09:14 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
To:        Vasilis Papadiamantopoulos <vp@varchs.com>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen3-3200G - graphics

On 2020-09-26 17:16, Vasilis Papadiamantopoulos wrote:
> Hi all,
> I hope yo are all doing well.
>=20
> I recently built a system with MSI B450 PRO-VDH MAX with a Ryzen-3 3200=
G with Radeon RX Vega 8 (picasso) [APU].
> I am running 12.1-RELEASE-p9
>=20
> I have to tell you that I am a FreeBSD newbie.
> I used the handbook and wiki to set up my Xorg and dwm.
>=20
> See below my installation steps:
>=20
> # pkg install xorg
> # pw groupmode video -m <myuser>
> # pkg install drm-kmod
> # vi /etc/rc.conf
> 	kld_list =3D =E2=80=9C/boot/modules/amdgpu.ko=E2=80=9D
>=20
> % vi /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf
> 	Section	=E2=80=9CDevice=E2=80=9D
> 			Identifier	=E2=80=9CCard0=E2=80=9D
> 			Driver	=E2=80=9Cscfb=E2=80=9D	*
> 	EndSection
>=20
> # pkg install dwm
> # pkg install dbus
> # vi /etc/rc.conf
> 	dbus_enable =3D =E2=80=9CYES=E2=80=9D
>=20
> % vi .xinitrc
> 	# start dwm
> 	exec dwm
>=20
> NOTE: With this setting I am able to launch dwm, serf the web and play =
youtube videos.
> * I tried Driver =E2=80=9Camdgpu=E2=80=9D
> The system gave me an ERROR UNSUPPORTED GPU.
> I started up my system with FURYBSD and checked their settings.
> This is how I found Driver =E2=80=9Cscfb=E2=80=9D and managed to have g=
raphics.
>=20
> Before buying the processor I read the forums and it seems that the 220=
0G is supported.
> I assume that as the system doesn=E2=80=99t complain about the amdgpu.k=
o at boot, after an update I will see my screen flickering while loading =
the module.
> Now nothing happens when it passes [drm] amdgpu kernel modesetting enab=
led.
>=20
> Am I doing something wrong? Is it just the chip not supported yet?
> If this is the case is there anything that i can do to help with the de=
velopment of this support?
>=20
> Thank you for your time and effort.
> What you do for building and maintaining this high quality software is =
amazing.
>=20
> Best,
>=20
> Vasilis Papadiamantopoulos, PhD

Hi!
Can you provide the output from dmesg after you've loaded amdgpu.ko, as=20
well as Xorg.log from when X is failing, and `pciconf -lv | grep -A 4 vga=
` .
I think you need to upgrade to FreeBSD 13-current to get support for=20
Ryzen-3 3200G, but I know more once you've provided the details I asked f=
or.
Regards
--=20
Niclas