Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:23:40 -0500
From:      Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Hackers'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Modifications to more(1)

Greetings all,

This is my first posting (although I have been lurking for a while).

I am going to fix the following problems with more(1) as my entry dues for
asking questions 8-)

1) The h)elp command displays help, but does not wait before redrawing the
screen (unless you use the -e option).

2) The -# option does not work (it is documented by man in the synopsis,
but not in the body - it is in the usage message).

The code has the comment:

        /*
         * kludge: more was originally designed to take
         * a number after a dash.
         */

this leads me to believe that this option is out-of-date (also it does not
follow the standard).  My question is: should I fix the -# option or remove
it (my vote is to remove it - see below).

3) Use the LINES= environment variable (ala vi(1)) to set the screen height
(the Win95 telnet allows you to resize the screen, but I had to 'tic -I'
and reset TERM= for any alterations in screen size (yuck!)).

I checked the PR database and found no similar comments (I will generate a
PR when I have the time to do the fix).

Any comments...

Max

-----
Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com> |(this space for rent until I have
Sysadm, Programmer, etc...         | time to make a fancy signature).