Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:56:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
Cc:        hsw@email.generalresources.com, hsw@acm.org, abial@nask.pl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /boot/loader what to set rootdev to?

> The fbsdboot.exe program runs in a DOS environment.  You can use it
> to boot FreeBSD from DOS itself (though it works best when DOS is
> not running in V86 mode; and often doesn't work at all).

Indeed.  These days, most people just want an icon on their Win98
desktops they can click to boot into FreeBSD and Windows just doesn't
make provisions for that kinda thing. :-) I think it's probably a bit
of functionality which is on its way out and people are going to start
having to rely increasingly on boot managers.

- Jordan