Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:51:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I need some proxies! :)

I hate anti-commercial licenses :)

I'm about to build a security/internet connection for a local corp.
That goes a little something like this:

Internet--->IPFW/NAT server--->proxy server/SKIP--->Internal lan.

Everything is just peachy till I hat the freakin proxy server.
My choice is FWTK proxies or SOCKS. And im not sure if there unable to be
used because it's for a commercial entity or not.
The license for FWTK to *ME* reads that it can be used even commercial as
long as its not used by a commercial entity to make a product. I.e. in
this instance to just run internally to the corp. and thats all. But im
not positive im checking on this. So my problem comes if I can't use the
FWTK proxies since its for a commercial use. What other choices for
proxies do i have for a FreeBSD box? who out there is using or has found a
good proxy solution to get around this blasted commercial license problem.
Don't get me wrong im not pissing and moaning because they don't want it
used for free in a commercial environment, im pissing and moaning because
they wont port their commercial firewall to FreeBSD. so i get wedged
between not using the free one for commercial use and them pretty much
refusing to port their commercial product to fbsd. There trying to have
their cake and eat it to in my opinion and that sucks.
So my snafu right now is trying to find a solution for proxies.

ANY ideas anyone has or any pointers would really be appreciated!

Chris

--
"I am closed minded. It keeps the rain out."

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.5 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security