Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:30:58 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
To:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Re: silly C style question

On Thursday, 25th January 2001, Josef Grosch wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:32:57PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> > [Expansively indented example, Basser style.]
>> > Try that one any other way. :-)
>>
>> [Terry's compact format]
>
> [Josef's compact format]

But neither of the compact formats can be easily read.  To be certain
what it they are doing, you have to laboriously trace the brackets, or
hop about in them using vi's % operator.  I admit I write all of mine in
such a compact style, but always wonder what it would be like to get
away with the clear but hugely "wasteful" of vertical space Basser format.
I can't imagine such a format lasting long in a commit to /sys/anything
around here. ;-)

Stephen.