Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 23:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mitch Parks <mitch@asui.uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Candy-iMacs

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Grehan wrote:

>> BTW, it works on the newer imacs... Mines a RevC (I think) candy imac, and
>> it works just fine. I got USB, slow loading cd-rom, no firewire.
>
> There's a table describing differences in the early models at:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G3/iMac_26Oct99/index.html

I've got several "5-color" RevC iMacs hitting EOL with Apple not supporting
10.4 on them (266 and 300's). Though I've been lurking here for months, I
don't recall (nor can I find) whether or not ethernet works on these.

If it does, I'd be glad to hang onto one or two of these just for occasional
testing and abuse. Or if there's a lack of interest in these models, I'll
just let them fade away...

I may have a Cube or two available soon, too. What's the story with these
and FreeBSD?

-Mitch

    "I bring you love and deeper understanding."
                 - Kate Bush