Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:16:19 +0200
From:      Mark Evenson <mark.evenson@gmx.at>
To:        William Cai <william.cai@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removal of Java 1.1 and 1.2 support in the ports tree

William Cai wrote:
> Mark,
> Sorry for the disturbing, but I'm really curious why we need to maintain a feature dropped in post JDK 1.1 versions. If possible, could
you please show us more details? :-)

I was not really arguing that FreeBSD shouldn't obsolete java/jdk[12],
especially the dependencies between ports.  I was just trying to see if
other people might want the java/jdk11 port to generate/test code that
works on old jdk-1.1 systems (like the Microsoft VM, possibly some JME
environments).

--
<Mark.Evenson@gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."