Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:12:35 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/20647: make install in doc sources fails

Alexander Langer wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/20647; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
> To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
> Cc: freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: ports/20647: make install in doc sources fails
> Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:57:30 +0200
>
>  I can't reproduce the problem.
>
>  Can anyone else?

I had never made and installed the de_DE... handbook. I tried a make
from the directory, which worked, and it also installed. I think that
error goes back to when the de_DE docs were first being added. I seem
to remember trying to do a /usr/doc make and saw that error. It
wouldn't surprise me if your 18 Aug changes fixed the problem. I
didn't try it for a couple of days or a week and it would build then.

FWIW, I figure it was similar to trying to do a make of docs for the
last two days. There was some thrashing going on but you can build the
en docs now.

Kent

>  Alex
>
>  --
>  cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com