Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:49:18 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Remy Nonnenmacher <remy@synx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Huge SCSI configs

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 08:04:31PM +0200, Remy Nonnenmacher wrote:

> - SMP (Quad-Xeon or Bi-P2)

We've found that the CPU <-> memory bandwidth of our quad Xeon is only
2/3 that of any of our dual PII 400 or our signle PII 450. Mike Smith
ran our benchmark on the quad Xeon they have and got much the same
result. I haven't figured out if it is a Xeon thing, or a quad processor
thing yet. Naturally the CPU to memory bandwidth may not be a huge
issue for you in.

	David.