Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:59:12 +0200
From:      pb@hsc.fr (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vx device broken in 21.1.5?

According to Guido van Rooij:
> I just ported the current Open/NetBSD if_vx driver to FreeBSD 2.1.5 and
> I am seeeing the exact same problems.
>
> I've ben assured that these drivers do work.

I can say that I've experienced similar problems with
the 2.1.5 vx driver in an installation just a few days ago.

Some of the 3C595 series might be buggy: the vx driver (sometimes
but not always) prints a "early defective adapter" at boot time.
In addition to that, the reseller of the card told us that it was to
be discontinued and replaced with the 3C905... That's all the information
I have.

We replaced it with a 3C509 and lived happily ever after.
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@hsc.fr