Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 14:06:29 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Mark Crispin <MRC@Panda.COM>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, scrappy@ki.net
Subject:   Re: /var/mail (was: re: Help, permission problems...)

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Mark Crispin wrote:

> 99% is conservative.  FreeBSD is much less than 1% of the UNIX market.
>
> Give me one good reason why I should let 1% of the market tell me that I
> should do something that puts 99% of the market at risk.

Will you accept patches from us for a FreeBSD specific port?  The spirit
of the README files seem to indicate that you will.

Otherwise, it gives us unnecessary work in to keeping imap up to date in
the FreeBSD ports collection.

Bear in mind that when things go into the FreeBSD ports collection, the
FreeBSD lists bear a lot of the support liability thus reducing your load.

Regards,

Mike Hancock