Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:31:49 -0600
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jdn@acp.qiv.com
Subject:   Re: Lists, newbies & support (was: Re: Where to get Windows Internet stuff/ More on Windows & BSD)

Michael P. Sale wrote:

> >Tell me about it.

Have been waiting for this subject to arise, Y2K that is.

Bored on questions about is FBSD Y2K compliant is understandable.
Because whether it is or not doesn't mean squat. The systems we
have allowed our lives to depend upon are not.

I would suggest a look (a very close one) at:

http://www.garynorth.com

Do not make the fatal mistake (that is intended in the very literal
sense re fatal as to you and yours meaning everybody reading this)
of taking Mr. North lightly. He has been roundly flamed for being
a fanatic. About 3-4 years ago. Still is by many, but the mainstream
is catching up _rapidly_. He recently said he would _be_ mainstream
by Nov 99. It's now looking to be so much sooner than that.

When he is the panic will be here. When that happens, adaquate
preparations will be nearly if not completely impossible.

After coming up to date (this intended for the few who might not
be) take a look at the forums link. Many intelligent people there
with a lot of valuable information to share.

ML Duke