Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:00:28 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to prevent gam_server from running?

--------------enig56B2AC9A3863F0CAF3136D89

On 16/02/2012 02:44, Nikola Pavlovi=C4=87 wrote:
> (Yes some of the stuff in that list can be
> weeded out with pkg_cutleaves but they end coming back as build
> dependencies of other stuff that I do need).

You know that portmaster(8) has the capability to delete build-only
dependencies?  If you create packages of everything you build, the
effect can be that portmaster will just install the build dependency as
required for updates.

Add this in portmaster.rc to do the deletion of build-only dependencies:

PM_DEL_BUILD_ONLY=3Dpw_dbo

These will keep a cache of any packages you build, and use that cache
preferentially to reinstall anything (which is also really handy if
you've got a bunch of machines that can all share the same cache):

MAKE_PACKAGE=3Dgopt
PM_PACKAGES=3Dfirst
LOCAL_PACKAGEDIR=3D/usr/ports/packages
PM_PACKAGES_LOCAL=3Dpmp_local