Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:07:31 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: funny logs messages - calcru/adjkerntz

Yes and no.  I means that the Xtals in your machine are not all
good.  Try to enable the CLK_USE_*_CALIBRATION options and
look carefully over what it tells you in dmesg when you "boot -v"

Consider running xntpd.

Otherwise it is mostly harmless.

Poul-Henning

In message <19980309142412.10242@urh.uiuc.edu>, dannyman writes:
>Hey folks, is there anything "bad" indicated by this rather strnge message? :
>)
>
>thanks!
>
>danny
>
>----- Forwarded message from Charlie Root <root> -----
>
>arh0300 kernel log messages:
>> calcru: negative time of -3384 usec for pid 26 (adjkerntz)
>> calcru: negative time of -3384 usec for pid 26 (adjkerntz)
>> calcru: negative time of -3384 usec for pid 26 (adjkerntz)
>> calcru: negative time of -3384 usec for pid 26 (adjkerntz)
>> pid 28527 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
>> stray irq 7
>> too many stray irq 7's; not logging any more
>----- End forwarded message -----
>
>--
>  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-
>\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-
>aiokomete -=-   Our Honored Symbol deserves an Honorable Retirement

"Drink MONO-tonic, it goes down but it will NEVER come back up!"