Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 22:26:51 -0700
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-homed - Load Balancing - No Single Point of Failure

...yeah sure...

Given two upstream providers is it possible to use a single or two FreeBSD
boxes to do BGP routing and load balancing? And if so, what equipment
should we use? T1 Cards? Routers?

My current provider is telling us we need a Cisco 4700 (20-30,000). I was
thinking if I could get a powerfull FreeBSD box (200MHz Pro/MMX with 128MB
RAM) to do the routing it would be just as good and about 20,000 less
expensive...please let me know if I'm off my rocker!

Thanx,
Randy Katz