Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:58:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Stewart <paul@kawartha.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISDN Opinions

We have a customer who has purchased an ISDN dedicated connection from us.
Traditionally we have always done dedicated lines via our NT boxes.  This
time I *want* to do it via a FreeBSD box as that is the direction that we
are standardizing and the routing in NT sucks...(please don't flame me if
there's any NT lovers on this list <smile>)

Normally we would use USR Courier-I modems (128K ISDN) and they have
worked perfect in the past.

Questions...

1. Will the Courier-I modem work ok with FreeBSD and is there a better
choice to go with?  If so, why is xyz modem better?

2. Does FreeBSD support ISDN natively or do I have my work cut out for me?

3. The Courier's do channel bonding via software... is this going to be a
problem (versus some modems that run dual-b channels via hardware control
eliminating need for software intervention)?

Thanks very much,

Paul