Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:11:59 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10.1 kernel device config for drm2 and kms drivers

--6cfhPgdJa3VD3NG2wBOenEK444coaMKth

On 11.09.2014 23:14, Ben Morrow wrote:
> I didn't realise it was possible to load radeonkms after boot.
> Presumably if you do that you lose even more of the boot messages when
> the new console loads? Currently it appears to lose everything that was=

> above the top of the screen when the new driver loaded; it would be
> better (if possible) if it were to keep the scrollback as well.

When a KMS driver is loaded, the history buffer of vt(4) grows and the
current data is preserved. Therefore you should not lose any data.

One caveat is that the cursor is put at the top of the screen, so the
previous content is off-screen. Another issue is that the history size
(hard-coded) is admittedly very small. But data should be there.

Could you please describe your problem in more details?

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron