Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, jfieber@indiana.edu, grog@lemis.de, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I write this SGML stuff?

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I need examples of stuff.  Show me an example of a table.  I could do
> > that trivially in either troff or LaTeX, but I can't find any in the
>
> It's all there in the current body of stuff.  No, there are no tables
> because we don't USE tables.  Be sure to keep seperate your needs for
> whatever documentation system you use in your own work (in which case
> you're free to use anything from nroff to LaTeX and the whole point is
> somewhat moot) and the needs of the project, in which you don't NEED
> no steenkin' table examples! :-)

They're in linuxdoc, they're just undocumented.  I know how to do them in
troff and LaTeX, and our man pages have them.  Our handbook is full of
them, Jordan, but they're all done but suspending the formatting, because
no one can figure out how to do it right.  That's not the only example.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |