Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:29:49 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: once again, MP-safe kqueue...

Brian Feldman wrote this message on Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 11:19 -0400:
> I haven't seen anything about further work being done on kqueue
> recently, so I decided to go ahead and overhaul the implementation; it

I am waiting for information from work to confirm that I have permission
to commit the work that I have done on kqueue so far.

Once I have this go ahead, I'll release a patch that contains working
per-kqueue locks for PROC, pipes and VFS...  I have not tested AIO, and
the socket code can not reliably be locked until the socket code is
fixed to be locked properly...

I'll probe them tomorrow.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579