Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:17:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        kalts@estpak.ee
Cc:        Jon Noack <noackjr@compgeek.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bye bye dear SMP-system

It seems Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> > The HPT366 has HW issues with some of the fast disk, I havn't been able
> > to find a solution to that, nor has HPT as far as I'm informed..
>
> Oh no, with Promise one can't use tagged queing at all, with HPT
> there's another problem... Are there any combinations of controller
> (such as Promise, HPT), disks and driver which works successfully
> under load? The whole ATA scene seems totally hopeless.

I dont think you can buy the HPT366 anymore, the current HPT370
works just dandy, in fact its my recommendation any time...

On the Promise front I need to get ahold of one of their newer
controller and see if they've fixed their DMA engine to
support tagged queing, anybody got a spare Promise ctrl,
prefarably the newest "TX2" based one ??

-Søren